Terms and conditions of use for the online game Tauri Sector.
0. PRELIMINARY NOTICE
The present text has been translated using assistance from a machine translator as a courtesy towards english-speaking users. Thus, the following text may contain errors or inconsistencies, particularly regarding english legal terms and expressions.
The reader acknowledges this facts and accepts that, in the event of any misunderstanding or confusion resulting from said translation, the spanish language version of these Terms and Conditions, as well as spanish law, shall apply in all cases.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
The purpose of the website is to provide an online videogame (no need to download a client software), with general and free access (unless explicit decision by the Company), hereinafter "the Service". The Service is free and freely accessible, however certain optional services may be restricted or require additional purchase, as mentioned above.
3. REGISTERED USERS
The Company grants access to the Service upon completion of the corresponding user registration. Users may unsubscribe from Tauri Sector at any time by writing to email@example.com
The User undertakes to keep their username and password and keep them confidential and to use due diligence. The User agrees to notify the Company as soon as they detect the unauthorized use of their user credentials or any other breach of security. The Company shall not be liable for any damages or losses that may arise due to non-compliance with this obligation on their part.
4. MODIFICATION OR DELETION OF PRIVATE INFORMATION
5. USAGE OF THE WEB SITE AND ASSOCIATED SERVICES
Users are obliged to refrain from:
- Collect data for advertising purposes or for sending any kind of publicity and communications for the purpose of sale or other commercial purposes.
- Make available to third parties, for any purpose, data collected from the Website.
Suspension or revocation of the User:
If the Company considers that the User fails to comply with these Terms, it reserves the right to suspend or revoke their registration and right to access or use the Web Site at any time without liability or need to inform the User. Such revocation may result in the forfeiture of additional services contracted with the Company.
the Company may use for it any operational, technological, legal or other available method to make these conditions met, including, without limitation, deleting accounts and blocking IP addresses.
The Company may notify the user about blocking or termination of their access to the Website, but is not obliged to do so.
6. VIRTUAL CURRENCY SERVICE
The Company offers the user the possibility to optionally acquire Virtual Currency units (called "Tonnes of Gold" in the game) which in turn allows the User to acquire a variety of optional services. This Virtual Currency represents only a virtual service in the context of the game and under no circumstances shall be considered, by analogy or equivalence, a real currency.
Regarding the purchase and usage of Virtual Currency, the User understands and agrees that:
- The Virtual Currency used with the Service has no monetary value and is not redeemable for actual money.
- Once used any number of Virtual Currency acquired, User waives any full or partial refunds, if entitled to them under the legislation of the EU, regarding the acquisition of the Virtual Currency. Is to request a cash refund, the amount of Virtual Currency acquired must lie in full User's account.
- Should the User be entitled to a refund due to EU legislation, they must retain the amount of Virtual Currency acquired in full and make the refund claim within fourteen days or they will be forfeiting said right. Once the user has used, in whole or in part, the Virtual Currency acquired, neither total nor partial refunds will be made.
- In no event shall Virtual Currency used in items or services within the game, or transferred to another player, if applicable, be refunded.
- The purchase, sale or transfer of Virtual Currency between users can only be done through services provided by the Company, if any, and in no event may Virtual currency be exchanged for real money with third parties.
The User shall be solely responsible for verifying that the appropriate amount of Virtual Currency has been added to or deducted from their account during any transaction; therefore, if the User believes there is a mistake in their balance of Virtual Currency, they are advised to immediately notify the Company, which will investigate the complaint and may request the user to submit additional information to aid in the investigation. The User agrees that Company will determine, at its sole discretion, the validity of the User's claim, and that it will take action as it deems appropriate.
Users are solely responsible for their User account, the Virtual Currency that it contains, purchases or spends, and any transactions made using said account, with or without the consent of the User.
The Company does not collect, process or store bank, credit card or debit card data, and takes no responsibility for unauthorized operations a third party could perform on behalf of the user, by for example illegally accessing their user account or their credit card by any means.
7. OPTIONAL SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE
The user may subscribe to an optional service known as the "Galactic Senate", from now on "Subscription". This Subscription is not required to use the Web Site or the Service.
The Subscription grants the User a binding, secret, irrevocable and untransferable vote in polls that for that purpose the Company will put forward. This voting right only applies to decisions about content, rules, plot, lore and visual design of the Service and never to the Company itself, its assets, partners, employees or policies, or its intellectual or industrial rights.
The Subscription does not relieve the user of complying with all other Terms and Conditions specified herein or grants any rights on the content, rules, plot, lore or visual design of the Service, regardless of whether a certain modification or addition was suggested by a particular User. In any case, the Company will own the entire contents of the Service, regardless of whether or not these have been put to the vote before Subscription Users.
The Subscription does not confer the User any rights on the Company, its assets, partners, employees, policies, or its intellectual or industrial rights. Also, the subscription does not grant any sort of stocks, shares, bonds or other instruments of ownership or power of decision on the Company or, in any way, rights to the assets, liabilities, revenues or any commercial operations in which the Company, its owners,partners or employees may be engaged.
The Company commits, to the extent possible, to carry out the results of votes, regardless of personal opinions the owners or employees may have. However, the company reserves the right, in specific cases, to cancel or reverse the results of a vote, if not doing so would result in insurmountable technical, economic or human difficulties. Also, the company may reverse or cancel the result of a vote if it is found to be manifestly detrimental to the performance or profitability of the Service.
Voting proposals shall under no circumstances violate the intellectual property rights of others, and may not be against the law, morality, generally accepted good customs or public order. In case Subscription Users were allowed to propose their own polls, those would have to follow the criteria of usage and behavior dictated by these Terms and Conditions.
Each vote will remain active for a time determined by the Company, usually a week, being impossible to participate in them after this time has elapsed. The Company may, at its discretion, extend or shorten the period of a certain vote. Once the deadline is met, the company will proceed to implement the outcome of the vote, within the time it deems necessary, without prejudice of calling new votes meanwhile. The Company may also, at its discretion, resurrect an expired poll, respecting the votes that have already been cast.
The Company reserves the right not to propose new votes during a given period if deemed appropriate due to circumstances such as excessive workload, technical or financial difficulties, labor disputes or other circumstances outside the Company's control.
Once a Subscription is created, it can only end on the expiry date contracted by the user. In no event will total or partial refunds be made on the Subscription price, in either Virtual Currency or conventional currencies.
In any case, the Company reserves the right of completely eliminating the Suscripcion function at any time, for whatever causes it deems and without the need to justify the decision, as well as whatever consecuences that may have derived from it unto the contents or functioning of the Service.
7. DISCUSSION FORUMS
Registered Users have the right to access, read and write in the discussion forums made available for the purpose. Such access may be revoked by the Company without having to justify it. The Company reserves the right to publish, extract, summarize or abbreviate the content os published by the Users.
The User agrees not to transmit, distribute or make available third party content, comments or opinions that, merely as indication and exhaustively:
- In any way oppose, disparage or violate fundamental rights and public freedoms recognized in the (spanish) Constitution, international treaties and other applicable law.
- Induce, incite or promote criminal, slanderous, defamatory, violent or, in general, any behavior contrary to law, morality and generally accepted good practices and public order.
- Induce, incite or promote actions, attitudes or discriminatory thoughts on sex, race, religion, creed, age or condition.
- Incorporate, make available or provide access to products, elements or messages of a criminal, violent, offensive or harmful nature or, in general, contrary to law, morality and generally accepted good practices and public order.
- May induce others to an unacceptable state of anxiety or fear.
- Are libelous, offensive or degrading.
- Are contrary to the right to honor, personal and family privacy or image of individuals themselves.
- Infringe the law on secrecy of communications.
- Relate to advertising of sites in competition with the Website, its partners or advertisers.
- Are false or do not correspond to reality.
- Cause, due to their characteristics (such as format, length, etc.), difficulties in the normal operation of services.
- Constitute "social engineering" attacks, such as attempts to elicit private access information from other users.
8. PRIVATE MESSAGING
The Company offers Users a messaging service that allows them to communicate with each other. Users agree not to include in these messages contents contrary to these Terms or the law.
Company may not control or review the contents of these private messages, so the User will be solely responsible for any text they submit in this way, before the Company or other third parties.
However, the Company, as owner of the Website itself, may, in its sole discretion and needs, have access to these private messages, including reading, monitoring and recording of the user activity, with the Users' knowledge and acceptance. In particular, and by using the Website and its private messaging, users give their express consent to the monitoring or recording of their activity, and recognize that they have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of communications through various means provided by the Company through the Web Site.
The Company is not responsible in any way for the information provided by Users or their accuracy or relevance, the content and information provided being the sole responsibility of the User generating it.
9. INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PEROPERTIES
The Company is the holder of the domain name www.taurisector.com
The Web Site in whole, without exception including its design, structure and layout, text, content, logos, buttons, images, designs, trademarks, trade names, source code, creative, and all intellectual property rights and industrial and any other distinguishing marks belong or are licensed to the Company or, if applicable, to the natural or legal persons listed as authors or right holders or its licensors, understanding that the right to use the Service and Web Site doesn't grant the User any right over these elements. The User agrees to respect these rights.
Material publicado por los Usuarios
The User is considered the owner of all material they post on the Web Site, provided that they are actually the rightful owner of said material. When publishing anything, the User warrants being lawfully able to do so and automatically grants a non-exclusive, continuous and universal license to the company. The Company may assign or transfer the license stated above to its affiliates and successors without needing the consent of the User. The Company reserves the right to disclose the identity of the User to third parties who claim that material posted on the Website infringes upon their copyright, privacy or other rights.
The Company assumes no responsibility regarding intellectual property rights of third parties are, knowingly or not, infringed by a User.
Reproduction, usage, modification, distribution or public communication of the Website for purposes other than the intended use is strictly forbidden.
By using the Web Site, the User acknowledges that they have no ownership or claim on any of its content.
10. COOKIES POLICY
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's computer when they access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way the user uses their computer, can be used to recognize them anonymously.
The cookies we may use this Web Site are of the following type:
- Own cookies: those that the Web Site sends to the User's machine to allow functionalities such as remembering their profile, easing access, controlling the appearance of certain elements on screen or detecting possible fraudulent use of the Service.
- Third party cookies: those that are sent to the User's machine from a machine or domain that is not managed by the Company, but by another entity that processes data obtained from these cookies.
- "Google Analytics", an analysis tool that allows the Company to collect data for statistical purposes such as date of first visit, number of times visited, date of last visit, URL and domain, browser and screen resolution. The user can disable the Google cookie at any time by disabling the cookie in their browser settings.
- "Google AdSense": when a user accesses a service attached to "Google AdSense" a cookie is placed in their browser, through which Google Inc. collects information about the user's navigation and then manage ads through the advertising program "Google Adsense". The user can disable the Google cookie at any time by disabling the cookie in their browser settings.
The Company will not use "spamming" techniques and only process the data users transmit through the electronic forms on this Web Site or emails.
The processing of personal data and sending of commercial communications by electronic means, are in accordance with the Organic Law 15/1999, 13th December on the Protection of Personal Data and Law 34/2002, 11th July, services of the information society and electronic commerce.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
Exclusion of guarantees and responsibility for the operation of the Web Site and its services.
The Company does not guarantee the availability and continuity of the Web Site and its services. Company will seek to provide sufficiently advanced notice of interruptions that may occur in the operation of the Web Site and its services wherever possible. The Company, or its server not not be free of viruses, bugs or spyware (spyware) like Trojans or malware. Company is not responsible for any damage to hardware or software on your computer or other technology. It is also not responsible for any data loss due to transmission, use of wrong data or content posted by users.
The Company disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability for damages of any kind that may be due to lack of availability or continuity of the Web Site and its services or the fraudulent use Users may have done of the Website and its services and, though not exclusively, to the failure to access the different web pages that constitute the Website.
Exclusion of guarantees and liability for the use of the Website, its services and contents submitted by Users.
Exclusion of guarantees on links to other websites.
This website contains or may contain links or hyperlinks to other websites. The user must be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. We encourage users to be aware that using one of these hyperlinks they will be leaving our Website and should read and review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those other sites.
Regarding the treatment of the personal data of its users, the company complies at all times with the current legislation in Spain and in the European Union and specifically with Organic Law 15/1999, 13th December on Data Protection (hereinafter "LOPD") and its implementing regulations. To do this, the Company adopts the technical and organizational measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of personal information, given the state of technology access, the nature of the data and the risks to which it is exposed.
Information we collect on the User
The Website may be used by users in different ways, collecting different information as appropriate:
a) non-registered User
In this case, the website collects the following information from the user (hereinafter "Non-Personal Information"):
- The IP address from which the site was accessed.
- If the site was accessed by clicking on a link or ad from another website.
- Specific data on the user's device (for example, the computer model, operating system version, bugs, browser type, language, date and time of the request, URL reference or data about the mobile network, etc.).
- Data on the physical location of the user using different technologies, such as using GPS signals sent by a mobile device, information on Wi-Fi access points or antennas nearest mobile phone, etc.
b) Registered user
The Company grants use of some of the services of the website upon completion of the corresponding user registration that shall contain at least a user name, a valid email and a password.
In this case, the Company may collect the non-personal information described above and additional personal information. In addition, the registered user may include other personal information in private messages to other players or public forum posts. All this additional information will be stored in our database, according to the law and these Terms and Conditions.
The User may at any time exercise their rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition of their personal data by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In using the data on file, the Company pledges to respecting the confidentiality and using the info in accordance with the purpose of the file, and to comply with its obligation to keep it and adopt all measures to prevent alteration, loss, treatment or unauthorized access in accordance with the provisions of Royal Decree 1720/2007, 21th December, according to the Regulations dictated in the LOPD.
Use of data supplied by the Users
The Company may use data from its Users with a commercial purpose of customization, operational and statistical information and for sending commercial communications to users.
The user expressly authorizes the storage of their data and the possibility of marketing studies with them to tailor services to their personal profile. The Company may retain the User's data even any relationship with the Company is over, for the time necessary to comply with the relevant legal obligations.
The Company may use the email address of the user for the following purposes, which the User expressly consents to:
- Sending newsletters and other commercial email communications about the Company and its products. Users may indicate their objection to receiving such newsletter at any time.
- To request participation in surveys that help to improve the service provided.
- Report activities of other users (if someone sends the User a private message or a public comment).
- Report or account service issues (eg password reset).
- Notify misconduct and, if necessary, report the suspension or deletion of User's account.
By accessing or using the Website, Users expressly agree to receive these emails, but may opt out at any time by clicking the unsuscribe link sent along these emails or by sending an email to email@example.com requesting unsuscription. However, the User may not unsubscribe from certain correspondence from as messages relating to your account.
In addition, the Company may use Personal Information to:
- Recommend services that may be of interest.
- Ensure that the ads look like part of your use of the Web site are of interest to the user, depending on your location and preferences.
- Attribute to the User their comments and opinions.
- To otherwise enhance User's experience on the Web Site.
The Company may use Personal Information from Users as part of aggregate data to show to third parties (including advertisers). We may also share statistical and demographic information about users and their use of the Web Site with providers of advertising and programming, but none of this will enable those third parties to identify a user on a personal level.
Under certain circumstances the Company may share Personal Information, use, preserve or disclose, such as:
- If we believe it is reasonably necessary to satisfy any law or legal process anywhere in the world and we believe that doing so may diminish our responsibility and would defend our legal rights; and only provide the information requested. Or if we believe this action is appropriate to enforce these Terms and Conditions, including any investigation of potential violations of it. Or if necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues related to the Company. Or if such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, its employees and members.
With that information, that is collected anonymously and without identifying individual users, Google prepares activity reports for the Company and the provision of other related Internet services.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law or where such third parties process the information on behalf of Google.
By using the Web Site, User agrees to the processing of data by Google in the manner and for the purposes described above.
To disable this type of cookie, some browsers will indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow rejecting them case by case. Additionally to reject these cookies, the User can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on tool, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about the user's visits to websites.
Finally, note that Google is the one who determines the purpose of processing and use of information that Google Analytics captures, as well as the operation and duration of their cookies.
To learn more about these cookies, go to the section on cookies policy of the Terms and Conditions.
Security measures to protect personal information
The Company is concerned with defending the privacy of users. It will therefore take all technical and organizational measures to protect the security and integrity of personal information against unauthorized access, alteration, destruction or accidental loss.
Thus, sending and forwarding data is performed by the User through the Web Site, and the information sent by the Web Site, across the network is protected by electronic security techniques. The data supplied and stored in the databases of the Company are also protected by security systems that prevent access by unauthorized parties. The Company makes every effort to keep these security systems up to date.
Notwithstanding the above, the Company can not guarantee the absolute security of personal information, so the user must collaborate and use at all times common sense on the Personal Information that they post both on this Web Site and elsewhere.
The User who submits or publishes personal information does so at their own risk. The Company can not guarantee that the information published will not be viewed by unauthorized parties. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, the information may remain viewable in cached and archived pages if others users have copied or stored the information.
14. DURATION AND TERMINATION
The provision of services that the Company provides through the Website is in principle indefinite. However, the Company is authorized to terminate or suspend the provision of its services at any time, without prejudice to any provisions in this regard in any particular conditions. In any case, if possible, the Company will attempt to give advanced notice of the termination or suspension of any services or all of them.
15. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The parties submit, at their option, to resolve conflicts and renouncing any other jurisdiction, the courts of the Province of Málaga (Spain).
Use These Terms were last updated on June 11, 2014.